Sacred Heart Church of the First Peoples programs
- Bi-monthly programs to prepare parents for their child’s Baptism and Confirmation.
- Traditional Native Wakes. Sacred Heart CHURCH OF THE FIRST PEOPLES is the only church in Edmonton which recognizes the need for the people to hold wakes in their Native tradition.
- Several AA groups use the Parish Hall to meet on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday evenings at 8:00 p.m.
- Annual Children’s Christmas Party which serves the inner city community with a turn out of approximately 850 children.
- Various parish social functions such as Music festivals, dances and Feasts are held in the hall throughout the year.
- Edmonton Inner City Children’s Project Society run their programs in conjunction with Sacred Heart CHURCH OF THE FIRST PEOPLES. The interior of our Church is designed to illustrate our journey in faith using our Native and Métis culture.
- We use sweetgrass, sage, cedar, tobacco and fungus as well as drums in our liturgies and sing songs that speak deeply to us.